Key Stage 3 PE
All students participate in at least two hours of PE every week in key stage 3.
Years 7, 8 and 9
Students participate in a spiral curriculum, building on skills and techniques each year throughout key stage 3.
Students are taught to:
- use a range of tactics and strategies to overcome opponents in direct competition through team and individual games
- develop their technique and improve their performance in competitive sports
- perform dances using advanced dance techniques within a range of dance styles and forms
- take part in outdoor and adventurous activities which present intellectual and physical challenges and be encouraged to work in a team, building on trust and developing skills to solve problems, either individually or as a group
- analyse their performances compared to previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best
- take part in competitive sports and activities outside school through community links or sports clubs.