Learning & Achieving Together


View All News

Free School Meals, 24 April 2020

During these challenging times, many families have been concerned about how they will receive the financial support they need to feed their children at home without the free school meal entitlement during the partial closure of schools.


To help deliver this support, Edenred UK are working with the Department for Education (DfE) to deliver supermarket vouchers to those families, where schools are not able to make food available directly to families.


If your child is entitled to free school meals you can request to be part of the voucher scheme by emailing FSM@brentsidehigh.ealing.sch.uk


If you do not have access to the internet, you can phone the school on 020 8575 9162 Monday to Friday 09:00 – 15:00


Click here for further information relating to Edenred


Have your financial circumstances changed?  Might your child now be entitled for free school meals?


Your child is eligible for free school meals if you receive income support, income related 

employment and support allowance, job seekers allowance (income based), child tax credit, 

universal credit or pension credit with child tax credit and have an annual income of less than

£16,190 (and not in receipt of working tax credit) or you are assisted by the national asylum

support service (NASS).


Parents who receive job seekers allowance or employment and support allowance which is 

contribution based, working tax credit or other benefits are not eligible for free school meals. 


If you think that your child is now entitled to free school meals, please contact Ealing council Click here for Ealing Council information


Parents will receive a letter confirming their child's/children's entitlement to free school meals and

the school concerned will be notified directly by the council. 


Eligibility will be reviewed annually and notification will be sent to you automatically. 


Change of circumstances 


Parents should notify Ealing council of any changes of circumstances: 


·         You start work and come off benefit or change benefits 

·         You change address 

·         Your child changes school.