PTA: Friends At Brentside
Welcome to Friends@Brentside’s (F@B) webpage! We are a group of parents, carers and friends of the school, working to support students at Brentside through fundraising and other activities. We are a registered charity, number 1184493.
We have one meeting a term from 19:30–20:30. All meetings take place immediately after the school’s Parent Forum meetings. The school office will email all parents and carers a reminder a few days before the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Teams link.
Date of next F@B meeting
Wednesday, 16 March 2022 at 19:30-20:30 on Teams.
All parents and carers of children at Brentside High school are welcome to attend. We are always looking for people who are willing to lend a hand and support with fundraising.
My name is Irum, I have a child studying in Year 9 and another who also attended Brentside High School. I have been involved with F@B since the start. I am a Scout Leader and also volunteer at a local primary school.
I’m Susan, I have two boys in Year 10 and am an ex-Brentside student myself! I teach piano at a local primary school and also run a large private music teaching practice.
My name is Michelle and my son is in Year 11. I have been F@B’s secretary since it was formed four years ago. I am also a trustee for a local music school and organise the café rota involving 70 parents. In between times, I work as production manager in publishing.
TBC. Please contact us if you’re interested in being our treasurer!
What F@B have bought for Brentside High School
- Science: a data logger device to use across KS4 and KS5 in all three science subjects.
- Modern Foreign Languages: an online subscription to Vocab Express which provides an engaging environment in which students can build their vocabulary. It is particularly beneficial as it is accessible from any computer at school or at home.
- Music: a stage piano to replace a broken instrument which can be used in music lessons at all levels, in the recording studio and for extra-curricular events such as the winter concert and the school production.
You can support F@B in the following ways:
- Amazon Smile: choose ‘Friends at Brentside’ as your designated cause at https://smile.amazon.co.uk and donate to us while shopping but at no extra cost to you.
- Easyfundraising: shop at more than 4,000 online retailers and donate to F@B, again at no extra cost to you, at www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/friendsatbrentside.
- Match-funding: does your company operate a matched giving scheme? This is where a company pledges to match a sum of money raised for a charity, either by the employee or at an event. Would you consider asking your company to set up such a scheme?
- Second-hand uniform: do you have items of second-hand uniform in good condition you would be happy to donate? If so, please drop items off at the school office, clean and in a plastic bag, labelled ‘Donation for F@B’.
If you are able to help us sort out and price second-hand uniform donations, please do get in touch at the email address below.
We are looking at new and innovative ways to raise money, particularly after the pandemic. Let us know if you have any ideas and watch this space!
Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Brentside-High-School-107212870745020.
You can get in touch by email at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you if you have any fundraising ideas or would like to help us in any way, no matter how small. Please drop us a line if you would like to know more about F@B and our fundraising activities.
Please do come back to this webpage for further updates and keep an eye out for our emails and news in the school’s newsletter.