The uniform at Brentside High School is designed to be practical and to present a smart image.
Plain, black tailored trousers, or girls may wear a plain, black skirt of at least knee length.
- Leggings, skin tight skirts or trousers are not permitted.
- Trousers should be worn at waist level, with no adornments or heavy belts or buckles. Trouser bottoms should be about 3cm from the floor and not be frayed or cut.
- Plain black or grey socks, or plain black or beige tights. Socks should be plain in colour and style and be a matching pair.
- Black blazer with Brentside badge.
- Plain white shirt and Brentside tie. Blouses with revere collars are not permitted.
- During cold weather a plain black V -necked pullover may we worn. A plain woollen hat may be worn outside.
- Baseball caps must not be brought into school. No other tops, for example, cardigans and ‘hoodies’ are permitted.
- Black polishable shoes. Laces, where worn, must be black. Plimsolls, boots and pumps are not permitted.
- The only jewellery items permitted with uniform are: plain matching stud earrings, one per earlobe (any other visible body adornment will be confiscated) and one ring (no raised stones).
- A discreet religious symbol may also be worn
- Make-up and nail varnish should not be worn in school
- Facial piercings are not allowed
Hair must be of a natural colour and hair accessories, religious head scarves and hats/ the Rastafarian tan, should be white or black. No extreme hairstyles such as ‘hair tattoos’ or very close shaven styles are permitted.
The School may make exceptions to the uniform during periods of extreme weather. Should this be the case the Headteacher will inform students and parents of the start and finish time of the exception period.
- There is a prescribed dress code for Sixth Formers who are expected to wear smart business dress
- No sportswear other than in PE lessons
- T-shirt/rugby/sweatshirt with Brentside PE logo in house colour
- Black shorts/sweat pants with Brentside PE logo
- Plain black football style knee sports length sports socks
- Trainers (white is preferable)
- Football boots (moulded studs so these can be worn on the astro and the field)
All sports clothing must be clearly named and taken home each day.
Please note that students are not allowed to wear any sort of jewellery during PE lessons.
Students who do not adhere to the school dress code will be asked to go home and change into correct uniform. In any dispute regarding the interpretation of the uniform, the school’s decision will be final, so if you are unsure about the suitability of any particular item of clothing, please consult staff before making the purchase.
Summer polo shirts: will be available to order and collect from Kevins Schoolwear.
Students will be able to collect our red polo shirts from Kevins Schoolwear during the summer term.
Uniform can be purchased at:
17 The Broadway
tel: 020 8578 1210
60 Bell Road
tel: 020 8570 9990
Similar articles may also be purchased from high street retailers.
School ties and badges can also be bought from the School Shop on ParentPay here.